Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Art Intimidating Life: The Ruins of my Mental Empire - Part Sixteen

the conversation starts turning weird as soon as the vine moves down around his shoulder to his waist and thigh - he continued talking but i had lost track of his words, my attention on the dark green vine - a mushroom puffed into dust as i tapped my feet nervously under the table - he didn't notice the purple dust - i did - my breathing grew deeper as the vine continue to consume his body, seemingly without his knowledge - however i knew otherwise - he must have known - im sure he knew - between you and me, i think he just didn't want to admit it

within minutes his whole body was wrapped in the vine - the last i saw of it was a finger poking out of the forest-weave - it didn't last long - eventually he was just a head on top of what looked like a giant green bee-hive, and the green-bees begun buzzing in formation from a safe distance behind him

my foot begun to tingle - like pins and needles, but in reverse, and slower - much, much slower, than pins and needles - i shooked and stretched my leg out in front of me, as descreetly as possible - like his vine, im sure he noticed, but chose not to say anything - the tingles continued uo my leg and i felt the bone vibe to the sound of his voice - as hard as i tried, the realisation of this actualisation distracted me from what would surely be his final words - my shaking and kicked grew less and less descreet, as the dust on my foot caked solid, leaving me with what looked like a shiny purple boot on one foot - there were no more mushrooms

the clouds sped up and the wind slowed down - the grey air was mixing with the yellow air, for the first time in centuries - the only centuries history chose to remember anyway - who could really know? - i don't know why, but the thought of this calmed me, and i returned to my slouch - the rare knowledge of a dishonest and criminal history made any fear of a natural death simply diminish

in my calm and wisdom, i looked at him in the eye - the green-bees haloed his head, and all of him remained despite the vine were his blue lips - before the vine could make one more move, he spoke his final words

"the dust munchkins... behind you"

and they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment