Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Art Intimidating Life: The Ruins of my Mental Empire - Part Eighteen

my heart is out of tune - my humour is evil - my evil nature is laughing and the desk stands still - it's solid and it's old - there are some papers and some pencils, and concrete walls - the nights are driving my madness - i hear the footsteps and the whispers - my daily meal consists of carrots and water and a mug of warm milk before sleep-time - i assume they are drugging my milk - it would explain this act of kindness - my dreams are terrible and i wake up in a sweat with the breathless feeling one gets once discovered that they're not alone, when they should be alone - i opened my bedroom window one night and saw an ugly young boy pouring cold water onto a man - he looked at me with his distorted face and it's unnatural expressions and yelled something in words only known within his inbred state of being - yellow
foam spewed violently from his hank-words - he soon lumbered away with his hump and limp - i closed my curtains to the sound of the poor old man howling in fear, covered in water

that's how i feel every time i wake up from my evil dreams - i feel like that foaming young boy is walking away from me, leaving me with my fears and vivid-nightmares, wet and cold in the middle of the dark night - i see his beast-feet limping

and now here, at my desk - the walls are silently moving in on me and warping in shape - my milk, now cold, sits invisible on the floor - i toy nervously with my pencil, damp with my palms - as i fumble and drop it to the floor i hear it snap in two and i shudder at the sound of it - bending down to pick up the snapped pencil i catch a glimpse of the grey concrete wall behind me - fearing not to look directly, my terror and mad mind confirm what my peripheral vision thinks it sees

the yellow foam seeping from the walls is beginning to smell

No comments:

Post a Comment