Friday, July 15, 2011

Art Intimidating Life: The Ruins of My Mental Empire - Part Forty


my country, australia
- a dry place
on earth

thoughts of a friend
so far from home -
home alone

so happy here
drunk alone
- as she sleeps

the fog moves inside
we laugh as we cook
- dinner will be late

my attention drfits
- the dawn fog outside
his highrise apartment

where are my friends?
alone drunk on wine - but
they probably see arse

how can i explain,
we are natural? -
the sun also rises

the big bang
fifty meter television
then death

happy, sad and lonely
- cold beer in melbourne,
crowded with stagger lee

waiting for a taxi home
- she uses her sex
to try and get home

insecurities, painting
hides my need to
- alone with a bottle

drunk men in cars -
she gives reasons
to come home with me

a city is a drunk
- he sleeps at dusk
and i drink at dawn

my friend drinks alone
- may he be alone here
and joyous as i!

burping on the couch,
his team wins -
he's such a nice guy though?

dreaming of death
waking up with dread
- i can't sleep just now

merry on the couch
wanting to sleep -
we sway like drunks

death is not the end
- so what am i doing
alone at one forty eight?

the tree of life grew
- he pisses - bacon
and eggs for the couple

my life -
patti smith.
our life.

a frightening nght!
- thank god our memories
are black and white

how i wish to see
the big bang!
- how much is this milk?

how many diseases
till i find the strength
to hug my brother?

im not afraid!
- to be alone here
and an artist!

the television
- i've been there
but i'm here

art!
- you're not alone -
just you and me!

a reason to cry
- you guide
my silly life

tomorrow, a sunrise
at least now -
something to do!

when they're asleep
- they're never alone
in the lounge room

pigeons wake us up
- homeless feed them,
but we all die.

tomorrow - me and earth
so depressed -
who will win?

No comments:

Post a Comment