Thursday, June 30, 2011

Art Intimidating Life: The Ruins of My Mental Empire - Part Thirty-Nine


silence makes
memories scream

plane trip to the city
we are merely lights
to one another

thirty hour trip
rationing out my chewing gum
must get home somehow

irish pub, sydney australia
bad music - empty chairs and tables
i buy another beer

two food stands
one busy, the other
hopeful and sad

i hate this song
i hate this pub
one more beer, after this one

i love her
i love myself
saturday night in a bar

standing on the street corner
everything is fucked
my reflection on the parked car

drinking water from the bathroom sink
this cheap hotel room
and my six-pack of beer

the city at dusk
illuminated
by rattling trains and trams

so many people
with things to do
- I watch them

the autumn leaves,
in the front yard
like sunburnt vomit

a familiar stranger
sits next to me
- we smile and nod

stop for a beer
after work -
she's waiting for me

the writer's pen
inks his jacket -
like a smudged tattoo

the city at dusk,
so many buildings -
what are they doing?

cold at the bar, all day!
i look left and right,
and put on my beanie

inner city tree -
you've lived such
a cosmopolitan life

No comments:

Post a Comment