Saturday, July 24, 2010

Art Intimidating Life: The Ruins of my Mental Empire - Part 6






welcome to the australian day-dream - if you are reading this you are paying far too much attention - and so it goes, i was wrong - go to sleep

deep within my own carved mental rules of when to do what, when and why - i drift way out, and think that everyone looking at me is impressed or ignorant - my self and the thousand meter stares inward - helicopters and buzzing fridges - underdressed as i walk down the streets fighting up and down against the people staring - i pad my wallet in my pocket and hope its still there - it is, and its time to figure out what to do next - music to play so that i dont have to pay attention to it - how far i have come in my self inflicted worthless little life - and how i love it so much

i celebrated a seven year relationship with a girl one month ago - the seven year haze of an unmarried, loved man - the greatest one could ever live - lucky im so stubbon, and lucky in general - my phone rings only when i want it to - and i lose it at will - i pad my pockets for my keys and wallet, and keep on walking - unaware for too long of everything else around me until someone calls my full name like a long lost friend from so many years ago - the unique feeling of age a twenty five year old man can feel in the right situations

the complete guide to living alone - step one - forget everyone else until it must be done, and they ask you nicely - step two - sleeping in is a sin - step three - eat well - step four - drink alcohol - step five - wear sunglasses when outside - step six - gather a collection of different styled hats - step seven - keep the time - step eight - feel guilty all the time - step nine - watch the sunrise and the sun set every single day of your life (two is not one without the other) - step ten - appreciate everything, but do it quietly - step eleven - brush your teeth and hair - step twelve - the beauty of living alone is that living alone means nothing at all

the beauty of being australian is that being australian means nothing at all - patriotism has no place in my country - that is what makes my country so cool, like no other - no national anthem and no recognition to any flag - what i love is drinking alone at a bar, with 3 or 4 or 5 pints - alone with my thoughts, for as long as it takes - or with some close friends - same thing really - i am going to die some day... lets hope to god you're a good person

some of us are more connected than others - the others just hang around - im only nice to those who have no one who are nice to them - she wished her a happy birthday, she's taken care of - but him there - him there - and its there they say i come out of my shell, open up - but its not that i come out of my shell, its just that i only let some in

the day you discovered the stockholm syndrome was the happiest day of my life

i have never owned a car and i find it hard to live day to day life because my day to day life doesnt understand many others - what is movement and its relationship with time within twenty four hours? - i have never understood it, or should i say, i have never understood your confusion - having said that its your understanding that really floors me - and its my realisation that you ignore

and so now i must leave - once again i leave with the final words and my voice simply and sternly stating wake up - like so many times before - but now i have met you within this australian monday dream - i know what time it is right now - but i will never know what we're all doing in this constant crawl towards the next moment we'll never remember till the day i die

lets hope to god you're a good person

No comments:

Post a Comment