Thursday, July 8, 2010

art intimidating life - the ruins of my mental empire: Part 3


I once saws this Australian film – they were standing over and overpass at night – all lonely and good – a will they, won’t they suburban unlikely couple – looking at the cars driving by – speeding up and under them – lights of red heading that way, and lights of yellow in such a hurry – they played this game, imagining and fantacising about who and where all these people were going – giving it all up and pissing it off down that road etc etc etc – it sounded great – hopeful – until I decided to play – I walk down all that footpath and see all these cars – I try and imagine all these wild and crazy scenarios that these people are in, in all those cars – but all I had was the truth – all these people are just trying to get home – get home from work – to see and ignore their families once again – drink instant soup and try not to think about their jobs for a few hours – thats all their doing – all these cars – and thats what you get for walking the streets on all that footpath everywhere – the truth comes to you and theres nothing you can do abouit it
We’ve all heard about that guy who once declared that everything was invented and the human race had reached the end of progress and technology – but now we’re told that everything is everywhere and always possible – everthing is going to happen and they can do it for you for only 30 bucks a month

What upsets me the most is that no one has ever appreciated the view I have from my kitchen window – I watch the sun rise and set everyday of the year, and all I'm left with is this cheerful sadness – a constant desire to look to the stars throughout every waking moment of my life so far – the point of view from my kitchen window is going to remain with or without me or any human race – it has been for millions of years – activity took place on the place you stand right now - millions and millions of years ago – touch the ground, feel dirt and think about how it formed and what was taking place in your space before the earth was even formed – we have to think about these things - especially when we’re on the train or in someones car or waiting for a job interview – do you really want to live on earth? – will death provide us with the ability to drift throughout the universe forever and endless, with some sort of conclusion to the cheerful sadness? – so many souls drifting everywhere endlessly – nowhere to sit – no job to be – no way to walk - no cars to drive - thank god

Don’t go anywhere – we’ve got nowhere to be

No comments:

Post a Comment