Friday, December 3, 2010

Art Intimidating Life - The Ruins of my Mental Empire: Part Twenty-Four

bring it to me wrong - i want to see smiles on my face when i think of what human flesh tastes like while stuck in saturday afternoon's traffic - a bland type of beef - why is it so frowned upon? - i see myself as a beast at feast-time as i gnawr on the chicken bones during lunch - i imagine the confused chicken wondering why we springled it's carcass with herbs, spices and sauce - why we cherish the smell of his cooking flesh - m.gira screams jesus christ as the airconditioner only serves to remind me how hot and humid it is outside the car - outside a fat man with no shirt on pushes a trolley carrying four slabs of cheap beer - taking it back to his hot and run down house that doesn't have any locks or windows or doors that work properly - i watch him walk and see the sweat glistening off his tight skin, struggling to contain the pertruding lard underneath - i picture myself slapping a small log against the back of his head - i imagine his initial look of confusion, and the anger in his eyes as he attacks me and i realise i've bitten off more than i can chew - but that's okay, since he's a fat-fuck anyway

sometimes i laugh and smile for no reason - i laugh and smile to myself and it's because i think about the absurdity and my role within this mundane existence - the car is full of groceries and beer and wine and there are cds scattered around on the seats and the floor - my comfort level is at an eight, as a man in a white car cuts in font of us, only just - the traffic is crawling, and so i laugh to myself - i imagine the man in the white car commiting some horrid crime and can see him crying silently in his cell throughout the first night of the rest of his life in prison - there is dust and dirt on the concrete floor and the flurencent light above gives the cell a sort of scout-hall feel to it - quite fitting actually, as it was a scout hall where his crime was committed

i scatter my hands through the glove compartment looking for some sort of relief - a bo diddly complilation looks good but the cd case is empty, and i wonder where that cd is - the knowledge that this cd case is incomplete irritates me and i run my fingers over the air-conditioner vents - i turn my head see a cute young girl sitting in the car next to ours - she's wearing a singlet top and her brown hair is in a pony-tail - her car is scattered with playboy bunnies - i wind down my window and genster with my hands, pretending to take her photo - after a moment or two of pretending not to see me, she looks at me through the corner of her eyes and soon her head follows - she laughs but i only nod my head slowly, thankful im wearing black sunglasses

over time, the traffic begins to movea little faster - i lean back in my seat and try to fall asleep - i welcome the dream-lands of twisted tales and familiar faces - i succumb to my exhaustion and try to ease my mind - the sun still beams and we still have a while to go - moving slowly, we eventually see what has been holding up the traffic all this time - two cars have ying and yanged, and somewhere around there was supposed to be a motorcycle - the ambulances and police cars protect the area and their lights flash silently - a police officer wipes his brow - and we continue on our way alone the open road to nowhere special

No comments:

Post a Comment