Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Art Intimidating Life - The Ruins of my Mental Empire: Part Ninety-Seven

i choose to live my life as though every day was my first
knowing that i have my whole life ahead of me
no rush
no stress
no need to do anything
there is plenty of time
it seems to me most of life is just walking around anyway
and so for now, i'll just rest, and take it easy
some say that life is too short
...nah,
it's long enough
that'll do i reckon
meet some people
some of them will become friends
some of them won't
travel, see the world
see some places you like
see some places you don't
all that time wasted in airports
fall in love
break your heart
there is no rush
i sit back and look at my bookshelf
so many books to read slowly in time
taking in each sentence, feeling it and imagining it
analyse everything from a distance
i sit back and scan my music collection
so many great albums
so many great songs
there is an endless art to this world
and a beautiful complex art in learning how to fully appreciate it
yeah, space and all that
that's my goal in life
seems like we've all got to have one, doesn't it?
well, if i have to have one, that's it
my goal in life is to fully appreciate this gift of
awareness, perception, existence, and individual thought
and there's plenty of time to get to all that
which works out well, because it takes time
think of all the things you love in this life
and think about how all those things took time to be as they are
grow
melt
create
understand
my life will be a constant dusk
warm and mellow
arising after an afternoon nap
with nothing to do
a subtle smile behind sleepy eyes
for the rest of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment