Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Art Intimidating Life - The Ruins of my Mental Empire: Part Sixty-Four



im not tired, so i don't sleep
i turn on a lava lamp
my soul to keep
- but i wake up in the morning

i wonder around at dusk
and break into a construction site
the rain turns into dust
- in the end they'll finish it

the unframed photo curves with age
i no longer see the faces
like a novel missing a page
- i never knew them that well anyway

it's time to turn off the heater
as the violent rain falls
these blankets can't treat her sweeter
- but i've got my jacket on

i've locked myself out
of my own house
"holy shit!" coltrane makes me shout
- i'm out there for hours

and he feels hazy
as she drinks water,
the guilt of the lazy
- i watch them both with a beer in my hand

young couple kissing
the crowded train
and the rain down pissing
- i've got an ipod and a book

cooking my dinner alone
i listen to jazz
but not the ringing telephone
- i have seven messages, apparently

fingerless gloves of the coffee-cup
shake the hands
of the glove-less drunk
- but im not hungry

i shake my fists and nod my head
trumpet man, i  hear you play
the night is long and the day is dead
- i really don't care, but how did i get here?

a long walk home in the rain
yellow headlights and puddles
i left my umbrella on the train
- but what an amazing cup of soup awaits me at home

a rusty old tin can
hard and tough
it's ending where it began
- i wonder what they're improving now?


No comments:

Post a Comment